Personal Data Protection Policy
We understand the concern of the safety of personal information, and are committed to ensuring that all personal data provided to us remain secure and are only utilised for purposes that our users have consented to.
We only collect such personal information that is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested, understand your needs, and serve you better as a whole.
We do not under any circumstance sell our user’s information.
We may at times, share your information with our partners so as to continue to bring you the best experience, but as far as possible we avoid sharing personal information and limit any data provided to an aggregate level.
We have also implemented various policies and security features to ensure that any personal data relating to you remains safe and secure and to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
Set-out below is our detailed personal data protection policy. You may rest assured that we takes privacy and security seriously and is receptive to any feedback on these issues.
Personal Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this document is to inform you as to how Light Asset manages, collects, uses, and discloses Personal Data relating to you. In Singapore, such business activities are subjected to the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“The Act”). We conduct our business in compliance with The Act, and have implemented measures to protect your personal information. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website.
In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Collection of Personal Data
The Personal Data that Light Asset may collect from you will depend on the services, and features that you use or subscribe to. Personal Data relating to you may be collected when you:
- Register for our services and/or submit any forms relating to any of our products and services.
- Use some of our services (e.g. visit our websites and use of our apps).
- Sign up for alerts or newsletters.
- Contact us with enquiries or requests for assistance.
- Are referenced to us by business partners or third parties.
The Personal Data collected may include information relating to your:
- Identity: This includes your full name, e-mail address, date of birth, phone number, photographs, device ID, IP address, and payment-related information (e.g. bank account details or details of your account with a payment service provider such as PayPal).
- Interactions with us: This includes recordings of your phone calls with us, emails you sent, and other records of any contact you have with us.
- Account: Details relating to your Light Asset account.
- Use of our services: This includes using cookies to track information relating to your interaction with our website (e.g. the pages within our website that you visit, the time spent on those pages, items and information searched on our site, access time and dates, webpages you were visiting prior to our site, and information relating to clicks and redirects).
- Preferences: This includes details that you have shared with us as to how you would like to be contacted.
Apart from collecting the above Personal Data directly from you or your authorised representatives, Light Asset may also collect Personal Data from third parties (such as our business partners, Google, social media providers, or fraud-prevention agencies), or from publicly available sources.
In addition, Light Asset uses “cookies”, which are small data files sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our website. The cookie is used to track some of the information mentioned above relating to the use of our services.
Most internet browsers provide you the option to turn off the processing of cookies but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the website, and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Accuracy of Information and Third Party Consent
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true, and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services that you have requested.
Further, when you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (including your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data.
Security of Personal Data
Light Asset try to ensure that all Personal Data collected will be safely and securely stored and has implemented certain measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
- Limiting access of information in our systems.
- Implementing verification processes to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Data.
- Securely destroying your personal information when it’s no longer needed for our business or legal processes.
Use of Personal Data
Light Asset does not sell or trade Personal Data collected online with third parties.
We may use Personal Data relating to you to:
- Administer the services we provide you
- Enhance the services we provide you
- Customer Service
- Security and Compliance
We will not use Personal Data relating to you for purposes other than what we have informed you, or which we are permitted or required under local law and regulations.
We will only retain Personal Data relating to you for only as long as there is a business or legal need.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may share Personal Data relating to you with:
- Companies within the Light Asset group (if any).
- Light Asset’s business partners, vendors, agents, and service providers who we work with to deliver services you have subscribed to. It also includes our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers.
- In the event of an actual or prospective business asset transaction (such as any merger, acquisition or asset sale), any business partner, investor, assignee, or transferee for the purposes of facilitating such a transaction.
- Relevant regulators, statutory boards or authorities, or law enforcement agencies as required by any laws, rules, guidelines, and regulations or schemes.
Personal Data is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes (please refer to those mentioned in this Policy) or to protect the interests of our users.
In exceptional circumstances, Light Asset may also be required to disclose Personal Data relating to you, where there are grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or for law enforcement purposes.
In some cases, we encrypt, anonymize, and aggregate the information before sharing it. Anonymizing means stripping the information of personally identifiable features. Aggregating means presenting the information in groups or segments eg. age groups.
We will also ensure that overseas organisations we work with observe strict confidentiality and data protection obligations.
When you register as a user on Light Asset, we will also use Personal Data that you have provided to send you e-mails from time to time so as to update you about the latest news or services from Light Asset or our preferred partners. You can unsubscribe from our e-mails at any time through the unsubscribe function within the e-mails.
Updating Personal Data
You can update your personal information any time by accessing your account on Light Asset website.
Changes to the Personal Data Protection Policy
Light Asset reserves the right to modify and update the Personal Data Protection Policy at any time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website. Any changes to this policy will be published on our website.
This Personal Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.